AEM was the first company to offer complete engine control using a race vehicle’s factory wiring harness and sensors. Our Series 2 Plug & Play EMS is a culmination of this original program. It combines robust construction with our proven AEMtuner Software to deliver total engine control.
AEM’s Series 2 Plug & Play EMS plugs directly into a vehicle’s factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware. Windows™ compatible software (XP, Vista, 7) simplifies copying, viewing and data manipulation. AEMtuner software is infinitely adjustable. It allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately deliver proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing, for any boost level or operating condition.
KEEP IT SIMPLE OR GO HARDCORE
CD-7 Flat Panel Carbon Dashes can simplify the update of an instrument cluster or ease the instrumentation configuration of a new vehicle build. Since the CD-7 Carbon only requires a single cable for power, ground and receiving CAN data, the wiring goes from complex to a simple one plug connection. Street rods, kit cars, and resto-mods using late-model crate engines no longer have to be concerned with adding a full set of gauges and trying to keep the wiring clean, or having to double up sensors on the engine so the ECU and gauges both have data – The CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dashboard Display can see everything the ECU is seeing via a single cable connection – and that means so can you!
Want to go hardcore? CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dashes make it easy. Add additional sensor data with our 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module, create custom layouts, integrate track mapping and data logging for driver coaching, see predictive and actual lap times and set user-defined prioritized alarms – it’s all possible with the CD-7 Carbon Dash. Simple or Hardcore; the choice is yours and the CD-7 Carbon’s capabilities are nearly limitless.
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM OVER 250 CAN-ENABLED DEVICES!
CD Carbon Dashes receive channels from CAN bus inputs and do not require special modules to read AEM and/or non-AEM CAN signals. They communicate with 45 AEM devices, are in-house tested to work with 159 non-AEM devices and we have DBC CAN files for 52 more non-AEM devices. A complete list of validated non-AEM devices is available Here.
LOGGING, TRACK MAPPING, SPEEDO and ODO CAPABILITIES
CD Carbon Dashes are available with a 200MB onboard logger (CD-7FL/FLG), which provides about 24 hours of logging time at up to 1,000 Hz/channel. Individual channel log speeds are adjustable. Creating track maps, viewing/recording lap times and split times, seeing predictive lap times on the display with a live Gain/Loss value, and adding a Speedometer and/or Odometer are all possible with by using a GPS-enabled CD Carbon Dash.
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM LS CRATE ENGINES!
(Click Here for a Setup Guide with Channels for LS).
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM 08-UP LATE MODEL STOCK ECUS!
CD Carbon Digital Dash Displays have the ability to read CAN bus data from the OBDII port of 2008-up vehicles with a simple installation of our OBDII CAN Adapter Sub Harness (PN 30-2217).
VIEW AND LOG DATA ON VEHICLES WITH CARBURETORS OR PRE-2008 STOCK ECUS!
AEM’s 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212) and 6 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2226) lets you get data onto the Dash in a carbureted vehicle or a pre-2008 EFI vehicle using the stock ECU.
ADD 8 ADDITIONAL TEMP INPUTS WITH OUR 8 CHANNEL K-TYPE EGT MODULE
Our 8 Channel K-Type Thermocouple EGT CAN Module (PN 30-2224) allows racers and enthusiasts to install eight K-type thermocouple sensors onto their vehicle and transmit all 8 temp channels to a CD Carbon Digital Dash via a one-plug CAN bus connection.
CAN-BASED ACCELEROMETER & GYROSCOPE FOR G-LOADS, ROLL, PITCH AND YAW
Racers looking for acceleration forces and vehicle dynamics channels in addition to GPS can purchase a Vehicle Dynamics Module (PN 30-2206). The VDM includes a GPS receiver and antenna, a 3-axis gyroscope for viewing and recording roll, pitch and yaw, and a 3-axis accelerometer for collecting longitudinal, lateral and vertical acceleration.
UNLIMITED ALARMS AND WARNING TEXT
Put an end to obscure warning LEDs! A powerful alarm editor allows you to create warning alerts and alarms for any incoming channel using customizable text in almost any language. We designed a dedicated alarm page that brings your attention to the dash in the event of a potentially catastrophic issue whenever a user definable condition is met.
SEVEN PAGES TOTAL, ALL CUSTOM CONFIGURABLE
Users can create fully custom layouts and put whatever they want wherever they want on the screen. Templates include seven total pages; a startup page, four main pages, a unique ‘On-Change’ page and a dedicated Alarm event page.
THREE EVENT TRIGGERED PAGES
Three event-based pages ensure that you do not miss any critical changes to the vehicle’s operating state. One is an alarm page. The CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dash will display the alarm page whenever a user-definable condition is met. This page remains active until it is cleared by pressing the left button on the housing.
The second event-based page is an On-Change page. The On-Change page is perfect for knowing what map you are on if you have map switching for different boost levels or traction control, and for viewing lap time, split time, etc., whenever you pass the start/stop beacon on the racetrack (beacon must be configured before racing). It is perfect for seeing user-defined momentary changes without having to add additional channels to your main pages.
The third event page is a Start-Up page that is triggered every time the dash powers up. You can program whatever splash screen graphics you want, such as team, company or sponsor logos and photos.
FREE DASHDESIGN GRAPHICS EDITOR SOFTWARE
DashDesign Screen Editing software is free and unlocked, so you will never pay for additional software features. You can assign incoming channels to the supplied layouts or create your own from scratch, the only limit is your imagination! We provide multiple layouts and themes to accommodate most styles and types of racing.
In addition to all of AEM’s CAN based products, AEM has available validated and confirmed CAN setups for the following 3rd party products (scroll down for DBC files, which are also included in DashDesign Software). We currently have over 230 validated 3rd party applications, and supply a CD-7 Power Cable to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices with every CD Digital Dash Display. We have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications, which are highlighted below and can be viewed on our Install Kits tab.
A 2-Way DTM Style termination receptacle plug will be needed to create an adapter harness if a Plug & Play Adapter Harness is not available. We supply DTM-style connectors that can be viewed on the the DTM-Style Connector kits page. The required 2-Way DTM-Connector Kit part number is 35-2620, and it can also be found on the Buy/Instructions tab.
- Adaptronic M1200, M2000, M6000 ECUs Watch the install video!
- Adaptronic Modular series Plug-in ECUs Watch the install video!
- Autosport Labs, AnalogX 4 Channel Analog to CAN Module
- BigStuff GEN4 Pro Xtreme ECUs
- Bosch IMU 2-Axis Accel & Yaw Sensor
- Can-Am Maverick X3 (2017-19) Can Am Maverick X3 Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available Watch the install video!
- Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 Electronic Fuel Injection
- EFI Technology S.r.l. Euro-4 ECU
- EMS EM-Tech EM70, EM80, EM140, EM160 & EM180 ECUs
- FAST XFI 2.0 ECU
- gaugeART 31-001, 8 Ch Analog Expansion Module
- GM/Delphi MEFI-4b ECUs
- Haltech Elite 550, 750, 950, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 2500T ECUs
- Haltech Elite VMS, VMS-T
- Haltech Platinum Pro, Platinum Sport and Platinum Sprint ECUs
- Haltech WBC1 & WBC2, 1 & 2 Ch CAN widebands
- Holley HP EFI, Dominator EFI ECUs Holley ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available Watch the install video!
- Holley Sniper & Super Sniper EFI Kits Holley ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available Watch the install video!
- Hondata KPro4 and S300 V3 ECUs Watch the install video!
- KMS MD35 ECU
- KMS Single Ch CAN wideband
- KMS 4 Ch EGT Module
- KMS 4 Ch Wheelspeed Module
- KMS 2 Ch DBW Module
- KMS Flex Fuel CAN Module
- Life Racing F42, F88, F90 & GDI Series ECUs
- Link G4+ based ECUs CD-7 to LinkG4+ ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available
- Link CAN-Lambda Module
- Megasquirt, MS3, MS2, Microsquirt, DIYPNP & MSPNP Gen2 ECUs
- MicroTech LT-9C, LT-10C, LT-15C & LT-16C ECUs
- Motec M1, M84, M400, M600, M800, & M880 ECUs
- Motec PDM15, PDM16, PDM30 & PDM32 Power Distribution Modules
- Motec PLM Lambda Module
- Motec LTC, LTCD Lambda to CAN Modules
- Motec E888, E816, CAN Expansion Modules
- MSD AtomicEFI Throttle Body ECUs CD-7 to MSD Atomic TBI Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available
- MSD GRID Programmable Ignition
- PCS EGT-2000, 8 Ch EGT Module
- Performance Electronics PE3 Series ECUs
- Polaris RZR XP-900, RZR XP-1000, & RZR XP-Turbo Polaris RZR Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available Watch the Install Video!
- ProEFI Pro128, Pro112, and Pro48 ECUs
- RaceGrade TC8, 8 Ch EGT Module
- RaceGrade 8 Ch and 15 Ch Keypads
- Racepak V300SD, V500SD, Sportsman, G2X, & G2XPro Loggers
- Racepak 220-VM-USM, Universal 4 Sensor Analog Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-IRXXXX, IR Tire & Brake Temp Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-JBXXXX, Exhaust Temp Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-PTXXXX, Pressure Sensor Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-PTXXXX, Wheelie Bar Force Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-RIDEHTXX, Laser Ride Height Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-TCXXXX, Thermocouple Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-TRXXXX, Coolant/Air/Oil/Trans/Diff Temp Modules
- Syvecs S6, S6+, S6I, S8, SDI & S12 ECU’s
- Techmor AC-1-4, 4 Ch Analog Expansion Module
- Techmor IR-1 Non-Contact IR Tire Temperature Module
- Techmor AP-1, 16 Ch Aero Pressure Sensor Module
- Techmor SG-1-C, Strain Gauge Amplifier Module
- Vi-PEC i44-i88 ECUs CD-7 to Vi-Pec i44/i88 ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available
- Zeitronics Zt-3 CAN AFR Meter and Datalogging System
- Yamaha YXZ (2016-Up) Yamaha YXZ Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available Watch the Install Video!
- Zeitronics ECA CAN Ethanol Content Meter
Beyond the CAN setups we have validated, we also have created many CAN setup files that are based on the published 3rd party manufacturers’ CAN specifications. But be aware that since we have not validated these ourselves you should confirm their proper operation before depending on them.
- Bosch Motorsports, MS3.0 Sport, MS4.0 Sport, MS4.3 ECUs
- Bosch Motorsports, LT4 Lambdatronic 4 Ch Lambda Module
- Cosworth/Pectel SQ6, SQ6M, SQ6M12, MQ12, MQ12Di ECUs
- Daytona Sensors HEFI5 2 Ch Lambda Module
- DTAFast S40pro, S60Pro, S80Pro, S100Pro ECUs
- ECUMaster EMU & EMUBlack ECUs
- EFI Technology S.r.l. Euro-8 ECU
- EFI Technology USA X2, X5, R4, R8, & R16 ECUs
- Electromotive TEC3r, TECgt, TECs, & TECm ECUs
- Emerald K6 & K3 ECUs
- EMS EM-Tech EM70, EM80, EM140, EM160, EM180 ECUs
- EMtron KV8, KV12, KV16, SL4, SL8 ECUs
- Haltech E8 & E11v2 ECUs
- Izze Racing, 16 Ch IR Tire & Brake Temp Modules
- Izze Racing, 6 DOF Inertial Measurement Unit
- Life Racing PDU10, PDU16 & PDU32 Power Distribution Modules
- Mast Motorsports M90 and M120 ECUs
- MaxxECU Street, Sport, Race & Pro ECUs
- SCS Delta 400, 800, 880, GDi4, SDi4 ECUs
- Stack TPMS-Lite & TPMS-Pro Tire Pressure Measurement Systems
- Syvecs PDU10, PDU16 & PDU32 Power Distribution Modules
- Texense IRN4C, IRN8C, 4 Ch & 8 Ch IR Tire Temp Sensors
- Texense THN4x, 4 Ch Thermocouple Module
We will be continuously adding more 3rd Party Supported Applications for the CD-5 Carbon and CD-7 Carbon. If you do not see support for your CAN-based application, please check again at a later date or contact us to let us know your needs.
For additional info, click HERE to go to AEM’s supported apps page.