NGK Iridium IX spark plugs feature an ultra-fine center electrode that’s designed just thick enough to ensure the maximum durability and life of the spark plugs—and just thin enough to create an accurate and consistent spark. They represent the ultimate evolution of spark plug technology and performance. Iridium is the hardest metal used in spark plugs today—six times harder than platinum. This allowed NGK engineers to reduce the voltage requirement for a spark. Iridium IX plugs are available in more than a hundred configurations for universal and vehicle-specific applications.
- Designed specifically for the performance enthusiast, Iridium IX offers extreme ignitability, improved throttle response and superior anti-fouling
- The 0. 6 millimeter laser welded fine Iridium tip ensures high durability and a consistently stable spark and the tapered ground electrode minimizes electrical quenching effect
- Longer insulator nose prevents fouling, the corrugated ribs on insulator prevents flashover, and a triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage
- Iridium alloy has extremely high melting point, giving it high durability to heat and electrical wear, perfect for today’s high performance engines
- Trivalent Metal Plating provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties