It’s no secret that Honda’s newer turbo platforms are extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 27 x 3.5 x 7.25″ 550+ horsepower rated bar-and-plate core. Our intercooler core which increases surface area by 85% and internal flow by 83% to allow optimal cooling and airflow.
This intercooler utilizes factory mounting spots with cast aluminum end tanks as well as all factory air ducts/shrouds. *To maintain consistency with most of our PRL product line, no cutting, fitting or trimming is required. Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
- 2018+ HONDA ACCORD 1.5T & 2.0T
- FITS 2019-2020 ACURA RDX 2.0T WITH MINOR MODIFICATION
- 2021+ ACURA RDX 2.0T MODELS REQUIRE SWAPPING TO “OLD” STYLE (2019-2020) RDX INTERCOOLER OUTLET HOSE & CHARGE PIPE
- (1) Intercooler Assembly
- (1) Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- (1) Buna O-Ring
- (1) 304 Stainless Worm Clamp
- Mid-range & top-end power gains
- Major drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
Intercooler to Charge Pipe Bolt(s) Torque Spec:
- 18 ft/lb
Please Read Before Ordering:
- DOES NOT REQUIRE TUNE